[iBook] Re: iBook Wish List

William Carr jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Thu Sep 30 11:18:53 PDT 2004

>> So, if I could refresh the iBook line, I would keep a resolution of
>> 1024*768 on the 12 inch model, and make the 14 inch screen 1280 *
>> 1024.
>> Throw in the normal incremental processor, video, and disk upgrades,
>> and
>> I'd be reaching for my wallet!  :-)
>
> I for one wouldn't be able to read what's on screen very well. The
> problem
> with LCD screens is that you can't change the resolution as you can on
> CRT. I don't think a tighter resolution would suit most people.
>

> Kirk

Make that two of us.   I have this paranoid fear that Steve Jobs will
deliberately lock out 640 x 480 resolution on the future iBook line.

I get terrible headaches from higher resolutions and special glasses
didn't help.   I use Photoshop by SwitchRezing up to 600 x 800 only to
save files:   back down again to avoid eyestrain.

Jkirk

"The ultimate rulers of our democracy are not a President and senators
and congressmen and government officials, but the voters of this
country."

  -- Franklin Delano Roosevelt