[iBook] ibook/airport reception issue

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Thu Sep 30 12:24:40 PDT 2004

Rich Brauer wrote:

> Apparently, when you insert the antenna into the card, you *really* need
> to press hard to get it fully into the socket. I thought the antenna was
> comfortably in its socket, but the Genius got it in there. He popped the
> card back in, restarted, and I had full reception.

Thanks, Rich, I wish that was it. I'd already checked that and did so
again just for good measure when it was mentioned by someone earlier.

> heartily recommend checking that out before going any further. If you're
> in the Twin Cities, stop by the Mall of America, or one of the others,
> and see if they can help you before trying to ship it back to Apple
> itself, where you'll be left without the 'book for a while.

I just learned (to my great satisfaction) that First Tech, which is just
a block away from me here in Minneapolis, is authorized to do Applecare
service. They still recommend sending computers away for certain things,
but if it's just a matter of some work on the antenna, they said they
can probably do it in-house with no problem.

--

/  dave  /