[iBook] iBook keyboard

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Fri Apr 1 10:49:16 PST 2005

After sending my G3 iBook (Dual USB) in for repair, it came back to me
with a non-functioning keyboard.  Well, at least partially
non-functioning.  Specifically, the space key, the return key, the
comma and some other keys don't work, but the rest are just fine.
There does not appear to be anything physically wrong with the
keys...they just don't work.

For a number of reasons, I'm not going to deal with the warranty
company again...it was a third party warranty, and dealing with them is
a HUGE hassle.  Frankly, I just want to get this resolved as soon as
possible, not being able to use the iBook is a major inconvenience.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?  Should a replacement
keyboard fix this? Would it be simple to replace the keyboard myself?

Thanks!

Samantha