[iBook] ibook charging question

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Thu Apr 7 21:25:10 PDT 2005

> Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately, reseting the power
> management
> system did not fix the problem.  Charge still stops at 88%.  Do you
> think it my
> be my charger?  It has a bit of duct tape wrapped around the computer
> side
> plug, indicating that it may have (probably has) been damaged.

I don't think the charger has any "smart" circuitry -- that's all in
the battery itself, or the iBook -- so I can't imagine the charger
would be the problem. It does sound like the problem should have been
corrected by resetting the power management circuitry, and I'm at a
loss as to why that didn't work.

You might want to try running the battery down and bringing it to an
Apple retail store, and see if they'd be willing to charge it for you.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>
"Yesterday's Books for Today's Reader"