[iBook] Alt-Ctl-Del for Macs?

Bart Hanson bart at orcon.net.nz
Sun Apr 10 22:36:22 PDT 2005

On 11 Apr 2005, at 8:58 AM,
ibook-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> At work I use a Windows machine, and am used to using Task Manager via
> Alt-Ctl-Del to close/kill pop-up windows and various assorted things
> that crop up.  I can't figure out a way to deal with the new pop-under
> ads that I've been having on my iBook. Is there an equivalent of Task
> Manager on the Mac?  The "block pop-up ads" preference in Safari
> doesn't work on these pop-under ads.
>
> Any suggestions?

You can kill running Programs this way but I was not aware you could
kill individual windows in this fashion. Unless of cours each window is
a fresh instance of the same program running which is entirely possible
on windows.
Although command-option-escape and its equivalent (option clicking on
the running program's icon in the Dock) is a way to quit out of a
program, do it only when you need to. Use File menu -> Quit instead.
Shareware/freeware should be able to take care of pop-up under/over
windows, try http://batista.org/zapper.html

Bart Hanson

bart at orcon.net.nz