[iBook] printing via Aiport Extreme base

J Patrick Draine draine at comcast.net
Sat Apr 16 12:48:00 PDT 2005

While having a printer connected to my Airport Extreme Base Station can
be mighty convenient (sharing it between an iBook ((sometimes two when
my daughter is home from school)) and two iMacs), it can be damned
irritating when it doesn't function well. Since the "Utility" function
doesn't work unless the printer is connected directly by USB, I have to
drag the iBook over to the base station to see if it's out of ink or
otherwise distressed. After the last go-round I just gave up.
Anyone else have similar problems or is it just my bad karma?
In the meantime I have the 'puters set up with their own printers with
direct USB connections.
Thanks,
Patrick Draine
all the latest updates etc.