[iBook] Wegener Media...devil or angel?

Michelle Klein-Hass bosslady at msgeek.com
Mon Apr 18 15:38:57 PDT 2005

On Sunday 17 April 2005 11:57 pm, RP McKay wrote:

> Sounds like you truly enjoy the clamshell, treat it to the upgrade it
> deserves and with an organisation that is professional and that you find
> sympathetic to Apple and iBooks and not to the 'local crew' if they are
> going to soak you just because they can't be bothered to work and don't
> like those 'pesky Apples'. Why not give Wegener and a few others a call to
> see how they treat you on the phone and judge who gets your business based
> on that experience.

Actually the "Local Crew" I spoke to (actually to a few shops) were all Apple
Authorized Service Centers. Their problem wasn't "pesky Apples" it was "pesky
1st-gen iBooks." If this was a PowerBook G3 or a Snow iBook I would have had
less trouble with some of these folks. The hard drive is buried so deep in
the guts of a Clamshell that it is a hated experience to replace one.

However, I noticed that out of 5 emails about Wegener I got 5 positive
right? I spoke to a tech named David...) and he was very nice, gentlemanly,
and knowledgeable. Kewl. It's looking really, really good that I'm going to
send Navi-chan on a round trip to South Carolina and the Wegener Media Mac
Spa. ;-)

Maybe I should have it bring me back some fried green tomatoes and homemade
pralines so long as it's taking its Southern vacation. ;-)
--
Michelle Klein-Hass
Box 2273, Van Nuys, CA 91404-2273