[iBook] HD space

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Sat Apr 30 19:17:15 PDT 2005

Dear list,

I've just installed Tiger on my ibook G4 800. It seems 'nice' (in
fact, 'bloody fantastic might be a better description!), but has
consumed even more of my precious HD space than Panther..

I've looked at /Library and it's 5.5GB! I can't believe that's all
needed. In particular, /Library/Printers is 1.5GB, and seems to have
drivers for every imaginable printer, of which I need ONE...

I want to 'prune' some of these files to increase HD space. What does
the Wisdom Of The List have to say about this? Does anyone have
experience?

Cheers,
-Angus