[iBook] iPhoto keeps crashing, darn it!

Laura Bruce labruce at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 08:47:07 PDT 2005

Hi all.

After months of carefree operation, I have been having trouble with
iPhoto for the past few weeks. It takes ages to open, and then
sometimes crashes without opening.

It sometimes screws up when I am importing photos, and crashes.

I am running the latest version of Panther, with the newest version of
iPhoto, on my 1.2 Ghz iBook which has 60 GB of RAM. I have about 1250
photos, most of them around 3 MB each.

Another curiosity involves photos I have rotated to vertical (portrait
orientation) getting smushed into a horizontal formal in the
"organize" view. They are fine once I click on them.

Is anyone else having similar problems with iPhoto?

Thanks in advance,
Laura