[iBook] Need a workaround for fried USB ports

Spamnomaam at aol.com Spamnomaam at aol.com
Mon Aug 8 23:06:18 PDT 2005

Thanks David and Roger. I went to pbfixit.com and saw that they rate the
iBook logic board installation as "Difficult" and I assume that is for people who
would even consider doing such a thing (which I have not.) The local repair
people I talked to told me it was difficult and time consuming which is why they
charge a lot for the labor. I would rather not try it myself, which is why I
was thinking of hooking a Mini up to the iBook.

For now I guess I'll have to dust off my ancient Performa to print. But if I
can't hook a Mini up to my iBook, couldn't I hook it up to my hulking old 17"
Colorsync monitor? I'd rather connect it to the iBook though unless there is
some reason why that won't work. Thanks.

-Sharon