[iBook] Replacement drive for ibook G4

Steve Jones shjones at hywyn.plus.com
Tue Aug 9 02:01:54 PDT 2005

Hi,
I'm anticipating buying a Seagate Momentus hard drive for my 1gig ibook
G4 (2nd generation, - 512 L2 cache) and am not sure which to go for, -
the 5400 or 7200.
I'd like to get the 7200 as I use the ibook for music applications,
sometimes streaming large volumes of audio data. However there may be
little advantage if there's a bottleneck elsewhere in the system.

I'm also a bit concerned that the ibook doesn't constantly overheat, as
I can push it quite hard.
The Power Consumption in Watts are: - Read/Write/Active Idle
2.2/2.4/1.3. I think this is a 0.5 watt overall increase on the 5400,
which still seems fairly low compared to some others.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Steve