[iBook] What about Tiger?

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Tue Aug 9 06:04:38 PDT 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 7:48 AM, Laura Bruce wrote:

> I am still running Panther on my 12" iBook 1.2 Ghz, and wondered what
> people think of Tiger. Am considering installing it.
>
> All feedback appreciated.

I installed Tiger on my iBook (700MHz G3), my desktop computer
(733MHz G4), and my office computer (dual 1.8GHz G5), with absolutely
no glitches. I love it! I like Spotlight a lot, but I love Dashboard.
I feel that the overall operation of the computers is enhanced.
Ironically, Safari seems to have slowed down some, but Firefox
hasn't. We have it installed in three 20-station computer labs, but
left it off a fourth lab because SPSS (a statistics package) hasn't
updated to Tiger and doesn't run well. In that lab, we stayed at
Panther.

It took me awhile to adapt to the new interface in Mail, but all the
other apps are running just fine. My opinion: go for it.

Charles Pearce
charlesp at ksu.edu