[iBook] Re: Replacement drive for ibook G4

Steve Jones shjones at hywyn.plus.com
Tue Aug 9 15:05:02 PDT 2005

> Couldn't you either put the computer in a soundproof box (they used to
> make them for the old daisy-wheel printers, plenty of room for an iBook
> in one of those) or run the audio cables to a different room? Either
> way, you don't have to worry about drive or fan noise.
>
> What are you using for audio input?
>
> Just curious....

Well, the joy of owning an ibook is that you shouldn't need bother with
workarounds such as those you suggest, depending on if you can keep
your mac cool, and if you've a quiet hard-drive.
That in itself is something to really value, as the moment can be gone
if you fart around for 10 minutes!

I use a Metric Halo ULN-2 firewire interface, - 2 channels of up to
70db pre-amp gain and exceptional AD/DA converters for the money.
Cheers,
Steve