[iBook] iPhoto woes

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Tue Aug 9 16:50:59 PDT 2005

Dear list,

I have a question regarding iPhoto (5), but first a little background...

I had many photos, arranged in iPhoto. I didn't store them on my
ibook, but on a fileserver, that I accessed wirelessly. I was adding
some photos to it, when the connection transiently dropped out,
resulting in a trashed iphoto library. I couldn't recover this so,
although I still have all my photos, all the organisation is lost.. :-(
This led me to think about the advantage of putting photos in folders
according to the photo album, as opposed to iPhoto organising them in
some crazy way, and storing all the info in a single (corruptible)
file... Unfortunately iPhoto doesn't seem to allow this.

Question:
Does anyone use other (more flexible) photo management software on
Mac? If so, how do you find it, and what are its advantages?
(free would be nice ;-)

Cheers all,
-Angus