[iBook] iBook1.2GHz & the beach ball

Ben Chong bluesky6 at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 19 18:36:17 PDT 2005

On Aug 19, 2005, at 10:48 AM, Joy Freeman wrote:

> Mike Wallinga (mwallinga at mailup.net)wrote:
>

>> Safari is pretty well-documented as a memory hog, and if you've
>> had it
>> running for quite a while, it may be using a couple of hundred
>> megabytes
>> of RAM by itself!
>>

> Well, that explains a lot! Thanks for the link, Mike.
>
> I hope this isn't one of those questions that raises hackles (such as
> Mac-vs-PC or Quark-vs-PageMaker-vs-InDesign), but can anyone tell
> me what
> other browsers might be less problematic? Does Firefox has the same
> memory
> problems? Decent compatibility? (I still keep IE5 for the few
> websites that
> won't work on Safari.) Is there a better browser?

generally switch between Camino and Safari.

Safari has better compatibility.

Camino has print problems (application crash) when trying to print. I
also found a problem with the webpage for downloading Game Agent :
instead of downloading the file as a file, it downloads it as a
webpage.....

I don't use IE5 because of fond memories of it running on MacOS 8.x
and being so VERY slow.....!

--
Ben
http://www.svgeek.com