[iBook] keyboard & exhaust fumes and one-year birthday of iBook

Laura Bruce labruce at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 01:27:18 PST 2005

Hey kids!

My iBook key labels are also fading, fyi.

I got a cute little iSkin (cute because mine is PINK!) and am very
pleased with it. The latex keyboard cover damps/stops the sound of the
click click click of the keys, which I find annoying. However, I have
noticed the oddest thing.

Between the option key on the left of the space bar, and the space
bar, there seems to be the residue of what is best described as
"exhaust". A bit of dark dust there. I wiped it off, and washed the
keyboard cover, and it came back. There isn't a ton of it, just a bit,
but it is odd.

Anyone else seen this?

As for the disappearing key labels, I suppose I should send it in for
replacement. My apple store is a plane ride away, however, and I am
loathe to part with it.

My warranty expires in April. Is there anything else I should do
before then, besides sign up for Apple Care?

Thanks!
Laura