[iBook] 7200rpm drive for ibook G4

Steve H Jones shjones at hywyn.plus.com
Wed Dec 7 11:15:19 PST 2005

> When I replaced the drive in my iBook I looked at
> 7200RPM drives and found that they would make the
> laptop to hot. I ended up just getting a 5400RPM
> instead. This is just my personal opinion, but unless
> you absolutely need the speed increase i'd stay with
> the 5400RPM drive.
>
> Matt

When did you look at doing this Matt,? The reason I ask is that the
latest generation drives are said to be significantly cooler. I really
do need the speed increase! Some apps just don't work, however I need
it to remain quiet while I record, so a hot drive triggering the fan
isn't good either!

Steve