[iBook] Rubber Piece ripped out of CD/DVD drive g4 ibook - now not working

Alexandre Leroux alexandreleroux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 05:55:56 PST 2005

Hi List,

This also happened to me. A CD with a man-made sticker got stucked in
my iBook G4 drive. Upon ejection, large parts of glue and black foam
were expelled. I scrapped a few DVD after the event because of the
glue spreading to other CD/DVD, but now, the drive works fine and I
don't lose cd/dvd anymore.

I though of sending my iBook to Apple under AppleCare (even, if
honestly, I don't believe it's really their problem... it's mine...
since I dared use an badly homemade CD from someone else), but I don't
want get away from my iBook for a few days/weeks (it's my main work
tool)!

Happy new year,

Alex :-)