[iBook] iBook 700Mhz OS X 10.3.0 Garbled Video

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:47:36 PST 2005

I had a Toast backup copy of an OS X install disk, but I didn't know
if it was Panther or Jaguar. So I burned it to disc and since my
wife's 700MHz iBook was right next to me at the moment, I rebooted it
off the CD and saw the exact same thing you just described. It was
erie. I had already upgraded it to Panther and didn't remember seeing
that before. I chalked it up to something being slightly amis w/ the
backup copy. Later that day I did a nuke and pave on my Ti550 and that
didn't have any video issues. I don't know what's going on. My wife
hasn't mentioned any video issues w/ her iBook...

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 21:15:43 -0800, Kathi Anderson <kathialexis at cox.net> wrote:
> > Has anyone had a problem with their iBook when
> > installing Panther ?
> >
> > I got this iBook 700 16 VRAM used from ebay . it had
> > Jaguar 10.2.8 installed , everything was fine until I
> > did a clean install of Panther from my Retail copy OS
> > 10.3.0 discs . As soon as I got booted to the CD-ROM
> snip
> Thanks for the heads up. I too bought a 500 dual USB iBook on ebay without
> any disks and recently bought Panther from Apple and hadn't gotten around to
> installing it yet. The iBook has 10.3.4 on it now and it doesn't have any
> problems. It was really slow, but after I upgraded the ram to 640 mgs, it
> moves along just fine.
> So, as I understand you, The new Panther needs to be upgraded to 10.7 from
> the Apple site right after I install it?
>
> Thanks, Kathi

Polonius19
Chief Malcontent & Misanthrope
Urban Pacification League