[iBook] problems with iBook after logic-board repair.

Bill Raffensperger raffy at macsrule.com
Fri Feb 4 04:37:24 PST 2005

My iBook 600MHz arrived 12-14-01, so my Apple Care is gone. It was down
to Houston in October with no video, then in November with backlight
problems. Right around the holidays it was found to be powered off when
it should have been sleeping. Then a time or two it powered off when
placed on a table. The critical spot was the left side. It was fairly
reproducible, place it on the table left side first, or close the lid
firmly and it would turn off. I called Apple, they would not send a
box, but said take it to the Apple Store with the paperwork from the
two covered repairs, as the Apple Care repairs have a 90 day warranty.
I backed up my hard drive and took it to the Apple Store in King of
Prussia on Thursday, January 20. Luckily it shut off when I was showing
it to the Genius. He filled out some paperwork, I signed it, and I left
it there. They called on Tuesday and I picked it up Thursday the 27th.
It had been sent to Houston again. Apple Care took care of it.

Two of the repairs came back with 3rd party letters, telling me my
512MB ram module was faulty. But the ram was fine. I just put it back
in. Now I find it's missing a foot. I have an old battery, thought I
could bum a foot off that, but then I found the battery foot is not the
same as the other three. So I bought some from PBParts.com, 4 @ $2ea, +
$4 to ship 'em.

We have a bunch of old yo-yo power adapters from the old clamshell
iBooks, with that little "generation gap" adapter from Madsonline I can
keep them scattered around the house so there is power almost anywhere
I need it. Sure do miss my iBook when it is away for repair.