[iBook] app to select program from Applications CD?

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 09:35:37 PST 2005

I was able to do this with Pacifist.

Follow the instructions in this apple doc
(http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=42995) to get to the
particular package.

In my case, I was trying to downgrade from a preview version of iMovie
HD back to iMovie4 and the regular installer kept telling me that I
could not load iMovie4 because a newer version was already installed,
even though I had already deleted iMovie HD and the preferences.

Pacifist (look for it at versiontracker.com) was able to do the
install for me. It's a beautiful thing...

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:04:11 -0500, Draine <draine at comcast.net> wrote:
> I know this has been discussed recently (or was it on another list?),
> but I've forgotten already.
> What is the free/shareware app that allows one to install individual
> programs from the Applications CD? After sending my 900 MHz iBook in
> for the logic board repair (and other components, like the HD), Quicken
> seems to have disappeared. It's time for me to enter all the 2004 data
> and do my taxes!
> Thanks,
> Patrick Draine

Polonius19