[iBook] iBook runs VERY hot

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Feb 16 06:37:57 PST 2005

> I recently bought my wife a G4 1Ghz 12" iBook.  Today she brought it
> to me with a couple of questions regarding unrelated matters.  As I
> held it in my hand I noticed that it was SMOKING hot underneath.

Was she using it on a soft surface that might have blocked the vents
and impeded the air flow?

The G4 processor runs hotter than the G3 -- I don't have a G4 iBook,
but this doesn't sound normal to me. I'd have it checked to make sure
the fan is operating properly, and the vents aren't blocked.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>
"Yesterday's Books for Today's Reader"