[iBook] CD Drive Won't Close

Joe Sporleder joe at wacondatrader.com
Sun Feb 27 09:18:31 PST 2005

One of my coworkers has an iBook G3, 600mhz. The CD-ROM drive will not
close. It does not want to lock into place for use. I can hold it in
place and it will still function, and I can fill the eject "kick" like
it is supposed to when I press the eject key, but as soon as I let go
of the drive door, it pops out in the "eject" state. Can anything be
done to fix it, short of replacing the drive? We can't think of
anything that we might have done to break it, unless it was hit hard
while in its carrying case, but if that happened, the coworker wasn't
aware of it.

Joe