[iBook] Video conf on iBooks

Kurt Cypher kurt at cyphernet.homedns.org
Sun Feb 27 19:17:18 PST 2005

On Feb 27, 2005, at 12:07 PM, Tom Legare wrote:

> Thanks Michael!  That’s just what I was looking for in terms of a
> camera solution.
>
>  So anyone... Will iChat A/V work with video conferencing with a
> Windows user on the other end?  What program would the Windows person
> be running?
>
>  Tom

I did a test a few weeks ago using ichatusbcam to use my Sony digital
video camera with iChat A/V, and did a brief videoconference with my
wife who was using AOL Instant Messenger on Windows XP with a cheap
digital camera that acts as a USB webcam.  We didn't test it a whole
lot, but for the couple of minutes we had it running, it appeared to be
working relatively well.

Kurt