[iBook] Boot without keyboard?

Lentz llentz88 at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 2 20:44:52 PST 2005

  Unfortunately I can't boot at all, even with the keyboard plugged in.

  I spilled some soda on it back in October. I turned it off right away, wiped up all I could, and let it dry for a day. It worked without any problems until Christmas day when I found it with the drive light and the caps and numeric lock lights on and the machine was dead.

  I've stripped the thing down to the motherboard and can't find a problem. Everything looks good and with the exception of a couple drops of stuff on the plastic casings of a couple components, none of the soda appears to have even touched the motherboard.

  The keyboard got a lot of it though and I'm just wondering if that could be my problem.