[iBook] help networking printer

jack law johnrlawjr at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 15 06:44:13 PST 2005

Hello,

I have a linksys wireless network that supports a
S900, an ibook with an airport card, and two wireless
laptop peecees, running XP (my kids).  The S900 is
wired directly into the wireless router and hooked
into a HP Laserjet 5MP through the serial port.  I
would like to allow all the computers on the network
to print to the 5MP.  Is it possible?  Is there an
ethernet box or card that would accomodate the 5MP?
At its present location, I run a wird directly to the
router with no problems. Or do I need to purchase a
printer with network capabilities?  The 5MP is a real
workhorse and meets our family needs, which is just
black and white -- nothing fancy.
We also have a Unisys UDS 10 (Lexmark Optra 310)  in
another part of the house. Could that printer serve
our network?  Any suggestions on the best alternative?

      1.  Update the 5MP, if possible.
      2.  Use the UDS10.
      3.  Buy a networkable computer -- preferably
something second-
           hand on ebay.

Thank you,

Jack Law