[iBook] iBook 500 slow

David M. Converse dmc at silverlink.net
Mon Jan 17 12:49:53 PST 2005

On Jan 17, 2005, at 3:08 PM,
ibook-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> By the way, I got this iBook from ebay without any disks.

You got screwed then, sorry to say. You should ALWAYS get the original
software with the computer- otherwise you are stuck spending extra $$$
for something which is supposed to be part of the deal. The only
exception I can think of is if you already have software, and even then
you want the original CDs. I'd rattle the seller's cage about getting
disks. You MIGHT be able to buy the original CDs from Apple but that
wouldn't get you up to the current version of OS X or even OS 9.

I'd forget about TechTool and get operating system CD's FIRST...they
are more useful if you have problems.

    DMC

David M. Converse
www.lumigraphics.com