[iBook] iBook 500 slow

Don Hinkle donhinkle at mac.com
Thu Jan 20 10:14:36 PST 2005

I'm really trying very hard not to say something sarcastic about your
sermon.

OK, I won't. But you're way too hard on Kathi, who bought the computer
not knowing it wasn't "legal" to use the software that was on it.

Actually I will say this. When "used" software is sold on "used"
computers, what Microsh*t has gained is another potential customer by
letting them use what amounts to a demo version. Eventually the 'puter
will be replaced and/or the software upgraded and the person will have
to purchase the software...as we see graphically illustrated in Kathi's
dilemma.

Software companies cry in their champagne over illegal copies of their
programs being distributed in third world countries. People there can't
afford the US PRICES, but they are being brainwashed into believing
it's the best and eventually they'll earn enough to buy it at prices to
buy Bill Gates another airplane...

-donald henry hinkle
"The universe is made of stories, not of atoms." (Muriel Rukeyser)