[iBook] strange Safari behaviour

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Wed Jan 26 19:26:14 PST 2005

Hi all,

looking for advice.

I have an ibook (G4, 14", 1GHz) with two user accounts on it, running
an up-to-date installation of Panther.

On one of the accounts, Safari works fine, but on the other, it doesn't
work*. On the latter account, however, Internet Explorer works fine.

This seems a little strange to me, and I couldn't find any
user-specific preferences for Safari in the home directory. Any
suggestions?

*This is a simplification. The homepage to which it was set (a web
page) would work, but other pages don't. Setting www.google.com as the
home page didn't work either. This makes me think it's referring to a
previously cached copy of that page.

Also, this same computer has what I think is a hardware problem. when
asleep, it gets hot. When it's awakened, the screen stays black, and a
problems are unrelated, but is this a documented problem?

Cheers, in advance,
-Angus