[iBook] why 9?

Matt chester_the_lp_dork at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 15:05:25 PDT 2005

Weather or not you need to run classic depends on if
you have apps. that will only run in classic mode. As
far as losing firewire and CD-RW after upgrading to
10.2.8, I don't see how upgrading would cause that
problem. I'd say that theres something worng if you
lost those after you upgraded to 10.2.8. I have Tiger
running on my 600 and it runs fine, but I don't use
any classic apps. so I can't say weather or not
they'll run okay or not.

Matt

--- Judy Castles-Bentley <jkcbteach at hotmail.com>
wrote:

Forgive such a basic question, but if I upgrade my
iBook G3/700 hard drive, would I still want to run
Classic? Would I lose a lot of applications if I
installed Tiger? (I've already lost firewire
recognition and CD/RW, which I believe is a result of
upgrading to 10.2.8.) Freedom's just another word for
. . . you know what.:)

Thank you,

J. B.