Mac OS X speed comparison (was: Re: [iBook] what do you do at night?)

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sat Jul 9 19:07:47 PDT 2005

On 10/7/05 01:28, "david" <davidwb at spymac.com> wrote:

> I can say with assurance that all
> things being equal, boot times are mostly influenced by processor and
> hard drive speeds. By all things being equal I mean all computers
> running the same version of the OS, all running the same set of
> startup applications, having the same fonts activated etc.

I agree, while I was searching for more info on the kernel extensions issue
I found this FAQ that may be of interest to everyone following this
thread...Not claiming it is an authority mind, rather pointing out that it
could be used to understand the whole speed issue...

<http://www.macmaps.com/Macosxspeed.html>

Cheers,

Richard