[iBook] Re: iBook Digest, Vol 11, Issue 9

Nick M. outrun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 21:05:10 PDT 2005

> From: David Harris <dmichaelharris at earthlink.net>
> Subject: [iBook] OS X 10.4 question

> Hi:
>
> I'm trying to install OS 10.4 onto my iBook 700 Mhz CD-ROM with my
> external CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive but i cannot get the iBook to reboot to
> continue the install.  How do I get the iBook to boot from the external
> CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive?

Do you by any chance have an iPod? If you do, you can make your iPod
an install disk (without even formatting it.) You can then boot off
the iPod and install from there. Intructions are here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=122236

If not, then target disk mode is your best bet I would imagine.

/29