[iBook] Mac OSX Tiger and Virex

David Harris dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 18 19:05:41 PDT 2005

On Jul 18, 2005, at 7:27 PM, Brian Olesky wrote:

> On 7/18/05 4:07 PM, "David Harris" <dmichaelharris at earthlink.net>
> wrote:

>>> I confirm. I removed Virex 7.5 because my iBook's cpu was running at
>>> full speed because of it. Apple ask users to switch back to 7.2, but
>>> hey, no virus, so no need for an antivirus ;-)
>>
>> Hi:
>>
>> And now the .Mac website doesn't even mention virus protection in any
>> way.  I guess that virus protection on .Mac has gone the way of the
>> dodo.
>>
>> What other virus protection is out there that's worth talking about?
>>
>> dmjh
>>
> For me, .mac went the way of the dodo over a year ago. IMHO, not much
> for
> the money. As for virus protection, I've had Macs for about 20 years,
> I've
> never used a virus program and never had a virus. So why bother? Isn't
> that
> one of the reasons we love Macs? No viruses?
>
> Brian

An excellent point.

Though I must admit that I bought my 700 Mhz G3 iBook with CD-ROM
because it was efficient and different.  it was the reason why I bought
the 900 Mhz G3 iBook with Combo drive for more office work and
functionality.

By the way, I shut off my iBooks when not in use and I keep my 700Mhz
G3 iBook with me always.

dmjh