[iBook] iBook feels very hot now with Airport usage

Michelle happydog at ccp.com
Fri Jul 22 15:34:58 PDT 2005

Hi again,

Since going "wireless" a couple days ago (w/Airport Base Station
"Graphite") with my iBook G4 14", I have noticed a definite change in
temperature, on the left half of the machine (on the bottom.) Whether
on my lap (which isn't often since it's so hot and I am wearing
shorts) or on the desk... it is noticeably HOTTER than it ever was
before, even when I had used energy-hog things like PhotoShop,
iTunes, etc...

Does the Airport card and/or base station usage cause the iBook to
run or feel this much hotter?

Is there anything I should do about it, other than consider one of
these "cooling" type gadgets (lap-pads), etc?

Thanks,
Michelle
happydog at ccp.com