[iBook] Printer suggestions please

Drulard, Ted TDrulard at CURTISSWRIGHT.com
Fri Jun 3 07:35:28 PDT 2005

I still have my G3 iBook 466 SE running 9.2.2. My wife has her Beige G3 233 running 9.2.2, with an added internal USB-Firewire card. Her Apple Personal LaserWriter NT finally starting giving us problems and we're looking to replace it. She still does work with Postscript programs so we need that capability, and we'd like to have color. Does it need to be Laser? You tell me. But we'd like to have something we can both connect to and get PS output. We looked at an HP 4 Color personal laser printer that had HP Postscript, but the local Apple retailer told my wife that HP PS is not good for Quark output from an Mac because it's not Adobe PS. He then suggested something he sold for 4 to 5 times greater price.
Question 1) Is HP Postscript that much different from Adobe Postscript that it would cause us problems?
Question 2) What do people here recommend for a Postscript printer to output Quark type documents?
Question 3) Should we combine the above printer with color output or get a separate color printer for photos & such?

Thanks for the advice.
Tedmund

The information contained in this message may be sensitive and is for
the intended addressee only.  Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
information, or copying of this message is prohibited.  If you are not
the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete
this message.