[iBook] iBook and screen calibration

Alexandre Leroux alexandreleroux at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 05:24:07 PDT 2005

On 6/17/05, Jim Soriano <jsoriano at mac.com> wrote:
> Cinema Display), and to my eyes the video quality is the same as my
> iBook 14 display but A LOT brighter.  I have the Dell display's
> brightness set to zero and it's still much brighter than the iBook on
> maximum.

Hi,
On a similar topic, I calibrated my iBook screen with hardware (see
http://www.xritephoto.com/product/ezcolor/ but there are competitors)
and my external CRT screen (yes, Screen Spanning Doctor continues to
work flawlessly :-) a few months ago. The results are surprising, I
can now see contrats, provided by screen-specific ICC profiles, that I
never could see before. And now, when I drag a window from the iBook
to the external screen, there is no change of color anymore.

All this just to share the tip of calibrating your iBook screen with
hardware. I was told that you can do the same with TVs !

Have a nice day,

Alex