[iBook] Another probably simple question - about downloading music to iBook...

Michelle happydog at ccp.com
Wed Jun 29 15:49:12 PDT 2005

Hello again,

My "dumb question of the day" for today is this:

I do not have an iPod nor do I plan to have one for probably a long
time. (I sound like I'm 100 yrs old but I am happy with my big ol' CD
"Walkman!") The iPod looks cool and all, but I don't have the money
or time to mess with all of that right now! SO, I have some questions
about (legally!) downloading a song from an online service, and
paying for it.

* Is "iTunes" a store online that sells songs individually for
download? There is one specific song (a current pop song, god forbid,
don't make fun of me) - but that I would rather not buy the entire CD
because I really don't normally like this singer!

* Approx. how long would it take me to download one song (of about
3-4 minutes) with a very slow modem connection? Or is this even
POSSIBLE to do with a modem connection?

* Once/IF I get said "song" onto my iBook (G4)... can I THEN burn
that song onto a CD, so that I can listen to it in my CD Walkman, car
stereo, etc?

Thanks for the patience, and answers!
Michelle & Herd