[iBook] Another probably simple question - about downloading music to iBook...

Miche Doherty miche at beeb.net
Wed Jun 29 16:19:54 PDT 2005

On 29 Jun 2005, at 11:49 pm, Michelle wrote:

> * Is "iTunes" a store online that sells songs individually for
> download? There is one specific song (a current pop song, god forbid,
> don't make fun of me) - but that I would rather not buy the entire CD
> because I really don't normally like this singer!

The iTunes Music Store does indeed sell individual tracks. Some tracks
are only available as part of an album purchase, but those are
exceptions.

> * Approx. how long would it take me to download one song (of about 3-4
> minutes) with a very slow modem connection? Or is this even POSSIBLE
> to do with a modem connection?

They're roughly a megabyte per minute. A 4-minute song might take a
quarter of an hour on a slow (33kbps) connection, but it's certainly
possible.

> * Once/IF I get said "song" onto my iBook (G4)... can I THEN burn that
> song onto a CD, so that I can listen to it in my CD Walkman, car
> stereo, etc?

Yes.

Miche.