[iBook] ibook corner cracks and logic board failures

Pam Sorooshian pamsoroosh at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 2 22:02:34 PST 2005

I have had 4 g3's over 2 years --- each has had logic board failures
multiple times (Apple repaired them each several times and then
replaced them with an upgraded version). The G3 900 mhz that I now have
has had the logic board fail once AND this one has developed a crack in
the front right corner.

I believe that those of us who carry our ibooks around with us a lot
and use them on our laps and are likely to lift them one-handed are far
more likely to experience logic board failures than those who leave
their ibook sitting on a table most of the time.

The problem appears to have something to do with stresses created by
handling the unit.

-pam