[iBook] Installer/CD-DVD drive

Ian Messenger imessenger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 13:51:23 PST 2005

Hello,

I can't open my CD-DVD drive (it has just frozen - there is no CD or
DVD in the drive) and when I click on the DVD software I get this
message:

DVD Player encountered a serious error.  A valid DVD drive could not be
found (-70012).

Does this mean the drive has been damaged and that I need to take to
the repair shop?

I bought my ibook second-hand from a colleague and I need to install
the new version of iTunes so I can use my new iPod shuffle.  The
Installer programme is asking for a password and my colleague has no
idea what it is.  How do I get around this?

Thanks,

Ian