[iBook] Re: new iBook 12" - upgrade hard drive to 60gig?

Gary joehardy at mac.com
Wed Mar 9 17:24:43 PST 2005

On Mar 9, 2005, at 4:08 PM, Laura Bruce wrote:

> How strange that my system software is so big. I installed iLife '05
> -- is that very big? Other than that the only things I have added are
> about 20 songs and 500 MB of photos. Oh, and Cocktail and Contribute.

	iLife does take a lot of space if you load the whole package. Garage
Band is the biggest culprit. I didn't need it, so I used custom install
(and also left out iDVD for the moment.)
	Of course I'm speaking of iLife '04 since I haven't purchased '05 yet,
but '04 was quite large if one included Garage Band and iDVD.

Gary