[iBook] upgrade hard drive to 60gig?. . the plot thickens

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 10 08:36:55 PST 2005

On 3/10/05 10:29 AM, "Ondra" <ondras at di.cz> wrote:

>> A 12" G4 with 512 RAM and a 60 GB hardrive = £789.
>>
>> A 14" iBook with the 60 GB hard drive (standard) + £50 for 512 RAM =  £949.
>>
>> Which is more serious money.
>>
>> I do find the screen a wee bit small on the 12". Should I bust the
>> bank and get the bigger iBook? Is it worth nearly £150 more?

I always liked my old 12" for its small size and easy portability, and the
only trouble the smaller screen gave me was in trying to work with two Word
documents side by side.

If I remember correctly, the resolution of both screens is exactly the same=
,
and the only difference between the 'Books is the size of the screen and th=
battery life, which is a bit longer in the 14". Again, IIRC. I'd save the
money, but can you go to the store and play with them side by side?

Brian