[iBook] [OT?] Safari and Mail

Alex Santos izabella.misiewiczsantos at neostrada.pl
Fri Mar 18 13:11:12 PST 2005

PROBLEM:
Safari and Mail open to a state of 'Application not responding'.

QUAZI FIX:
Running Onyx fixes the issue but open restart the issue re-manifests
itself. Running Onyx again and then restarting cures the problem, but
it's an endless cycle of onyx, fixed, restart, problem, onyx fixed,
restart, problem, and so on.

What causes the persistent issue of both Safari and Mail not responding
after a restar? Only Onyx corrects this, but again, after needing to
restart the problem returns.

After six months of this I finally reformatted the drive and
reinstalled, obviously it went away and my system really flies now, but
what caused this, or better, what is the real fix?

A friend is now experiencing similar problems on his mac, would any one
know of a permanent solution?