[iBook] OSX or not on clamshell G3 366

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Tue Mar 29 11:02:08 PST 2005

> I have a brand new and never installed bought copy of OSX 10.0. Should
> install OSX on my clamshell graphite G3 366, 192 ram, 6 gigs? It's now
> running on 9.2. Would OSX slow down every process? Is there enough
> RAM? Is
> it worth installing it anyway? The iBook is mostly used for Word,
> Explorer,
> Entourage and some light Photoshop use? OSX apps I have are: MS Office
> and
> FM Pro 6.

Based on my experience with a 466mhz iBook, I think you could probably
get away with OS X for everything except Photoshop. (The lack of disc
space may prove to be a problem, though.) But I'd spend the money to
upgrade to 10.2, at least (which introduced significant speed increases
over 10.0) and increase the RAM if you can.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
<http://www.redjacketpress.com>