[iBook] Sharing a DVD drive

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 31 02:10:12 PST 2005

On 3/31/05 12:07 PM, "Jean-Paul Thuot" <fearsome.orange at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Kirk, but it just said "you cannot install on that volume, as
> it is not your startup volume."

Interesting... I've done it in the past on my son's iBook... Perhaps with
the new iLife it doesn't work then.

> Anyway, the TinkerTool thingy worked just fine.  I copied all the .pkg
> over to the ext. HD, then ran them on my little iBook.

Yes, that's another way. (You could also use Terminal to access them...)

Kirk

            Author of: How to Do Everything with Mac OS X Panther
      Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France