[iBook] REALLY jumpy cursor

Robert Newman rlnewmanitools at mac.com
Thu Mar 31 19:30:06 PST 2005

Dave Wyman wrote:

> My cursor jumps all over the screen and it's doing it much of the
> time. It's not the kind of jumping people usually complain about
> (including me!), which often as not is caused by user error,
> particularly new users.
>
> No, all of a sudden, after using my iBook for the past two years, the
> cursor has a mind of its own. It goes wherever it wants to go, despite
> my guiding finger. Restarting the computer, or putting the computer to
> sleep, can give a few minutes of relief, and sometimes tapping or
> sqeezing the area around the trackpad will help for a while, too.
>
> Any ideas what has gone wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

Hi:

I read somewhere that there is a problem with the G4 iBook trackpad.
Apple is aware of this.  You can check their webpage for G4 iBook
trackpad problem, and you can find more info.  I believe the temporary
fix is to place your palm on the trackpad completely covering it, and it
will calm down (for how long I do not know).  Isn't a problem with my G3
iBook, just the G4's.

Robert