[iBook] video out from iBook

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Sun May 22 22:43:51 PDT 2005

On Sun, 22 May 2005, Mark Bennett wrote:

> Hi
>
> I bought a used composite/S-video adapter for the ibook and have yet to
> figure out how to use it.
>
> I can't seem to find it in monitor set up.
>
> Are they country specific too? Maybe I purchased a NTSC one and I
> needed a PAL vers?

There is no separate PAL or NTSC version, I have used mine with both types
of TV. Just plug in the s-video cable to the TV and plug the adaptor to
your iBook and it works. You may see a filcker or two as the iBook figures
some things out. You can adjust things like color depth in the displays
pref pane or with the display icon in the menu bar (if you have it there).

Allan