[iBook] <OT> CompUSA

Mike Cole colem at twcny.rr.com
Tue May 24 04:25:41 PDT 2005

I didn't find my ibook to be any easier to configure for internet access
than any other computer whether they be a pc or Mac.  Considering TCP/IP is
a standard across all platforms for internet access, it would be silly to
claim one is easier than the other.  There is no computer on the planet that
knows what your network structure is out of the box.  DHCP is the only way
any computer could seem like it "automatically sets you up on the internet
out of the box"

For what it's worth, you could take a *gasp* Windows 95 machine configured
for DHCP, and it will be connected to the internet automatically assuming
you run DHCP.  I find the "i" marketing thing to be misleading.  If it does
represent ease and superiority of internet experience, I must say it's false
advertising.  They were and are no easier to setup for internet access than
any of their competitors.

 - but what does the "i" in all of