[iBook] Screen Goes Black

Clark Martin cmmac at sonic.net
Tue May 24 18:19:53 PDT 2005

At 5:04 PM -0700 5/24/05, Dave Wyman wrote:
>My screen on my G4 iBook occasionally goes dark. Closing the lid,
>which then puts the iBook to sleep, works - when I open the lid, the
>screen comes back to life.
>
>Any idea on what might be causing this? It's been infrequent - once
>every few days - but this afternoon it did it three times in the
>space of about three minutes.

The screen saver can be configured to be invoked by placing the
cursor in one (or more) of the corners.  If the screen saver delay is
longer than the sleep setting it will go to sleep.  Try putting the
cursor in each corner for a second or two and see if you get the same
response.
--
Clark Martin
Redwood City, CA, USA