[iBook] <OT> CompUSA

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Fri May 27 03:02:20 PDT 2005

In a message dated 5/24/05 7:53:40 PM, rlnewmanitools at mac.com writes:

>Honestly, I overheard one guy tell a man and his wife looking
>at iMacs that you couldn't get much software for Macs.  He told him
>(pointing at the shelf with the Mac software) that is all there is for
>the Mac, the rest of the store is Windows software!  For the most part
>they don't like Macs.  When checking out one of the cashiers started
>laughing when he saw that my purchase was for the Mac.  I haven't bought
>from CompUSA since that episode.

Wow... just about evey time I venture to a computer store like Fry's or Micro
Center, I have to play "Unpaid Freelance Sales Associate" and dissiminate a
little Apple knowledge out to the masses. Sometimes I hear such awful
slanderous guesses - and outright lies - from floor "experts" regarding Macs that I
have to speak up; when I feel like being polite I will wait until the "expert" is
out of earshot...

Also, when I flip open my man-purse to pay for stuff, my Newton 2100 is
clearly visible, so YOU KNOW I get laughter and
"gee-whiz-look-tommy-a-model-"A"-Ford" comments... not that I notice...

Craig W.
Atlanta, GA
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause
and reflect."   ---Samuel Clemens